Are you looking for a project to gain medical experience? Our Medical Volunteer in Arusha, is perfectly designed for medical students or those with a medical background looking to volunteer abroad! Here, you will work alongside experienced, English-speaking doctors and Nurses assisting in the care of the patients. Please note, that as this program is based in a government-operated hospital, recording and analyzing will be a key part of this project, and is primarily an observational project.
(Although some tasks may include medication preparation, blood pressure measurement, basic triage and wound care.) For that reason, this program is best suited to pre-medical or medical students hoping to gain more insight into the outreach.
Volunteer in medical project in THV work within rural Tanzanian communities. Help smaller Tanzanian communities which are deprived of access to basic healthcare and medicine.
- Help out in a busy medical environment as you improve your skills.
- Work with a great team of staff who are keen to support you during your project.
- Broaden your perspective of international medical care and treatment.
- Explore Tanzania National parks, Game reserves, Tradition and Culture, Mountains, Lakes, Water falls, restaurants and Hotels.
- Enjoy trying out Tanzania and Africa cuisine, with meals and beverages.
- To join the Medical project in Tanzania you will need to be in your third or subsequent year of medical or nursing school, or a qualified professional. CNAs, paramedics and fully qualified EMTs are also be eligible to take part.
- Volunteers need to be 18 years or over to participate in this program. If you are under the age of 18, THV offers alternative volunteer opportunities for teens.
- All volunteers are required to speak fluent English, have adequate volunteer travel insurance and provide a criminal background check to THV before departure.