Childcare & Teaching
Want to know what it’s like to teach in Tanzania? This Child Care and Teaching program located in Arusha will give you that! During this project, you will prepare teaching lessons for children, helping them with their daily activities and chores and putting them down for a nap. Mornings will involve working with little ones aged 2.5 – 6, and the afternoons, with children from 6-12 years old. And, at the end of your busy day, you will then have plenty of time to relax in the evening and have fun with your volunteering buddies.
Volunteer in local schools, daycares, and orphanages in disadvantaged areas. Help children get excited about learning by assisting teachers with educational activities, games, and lessons.
- Engage with the local children and teach them basic English
- Gain practical experience delivering a teaching program for young children.
- Plan adventures with new friends and explore Tanzania to gather.
- Enjoy trying out Tanzania and Africa cuisine, with meals and beverages.
- Discover Tanzania National parks, Game reserves, Tradition and Culture, Mountains, Lakes, Water falls, restaurants and Hotels.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or friend who is over 18 to participate in this program
- Volunteers aged 16-18 are required to provide THV with parental consent in order to participate on the program independently, and may be asked to provide additional documentation to the local team
- All volunteers are required to provide a criminal background check to THV prior to departure, or if aged under 18 need to provide two-character reference letters instead
- All volunteers are required to have adequate volunteer travel insurance
- All volunteers must speak fluent English.